Product at Fonoa
Fonoa is a product-led company. We’re always thinking about our end users, our ability to build world class technology, measured processes and well defined product proposals.
Some pointers about our culture:
- Our people are given problems to solve, rather than a list of tasks to execute.
- We always try to understand the customer's needs before thinking about implementation details.
- We work in lean, small teams. We co-own the product roadmap with product managers
- We chose collaboration, compassion and trust over individualism and politics
- We prefer innovation, constant iteration and trust over competition and perfect solutions.
- We support each other, are kind by nature, and give as much feedback to all improve as professionals
Fonoa has a suite of API products that automate tax-related workflows for any internet company. Check them out below:
You can also check our API documentation here
We may discover novel customer needs as we learn, and spin up new products as needed. We expect our engineers to own them as they pop up.
We are builders at heart
We are a collective of independent and deep thinkers.
We are curious, committed, and humble.
We work with dedicated, open-minded people from all backgrounds who bring in their different perspectives to help us on our mission to make taxes simple.
We’re passionate about making a real impact.
We work remotely
We are building a fully distributed team. We like writing to communicate when meetings are pointless, and meet when it matters. This allows us to work flexibly, efficiently, and focus on achieving goals.
We focus on deep work and put our time where it matters the most - decisions.
We trust you to work on your terms. You decide how you work and where you work.
You have ownership over your work that directly influences the roots of our company.
We make taxes simple
We are on a mission to eliminate manual work when dealing with taxes on online transactions.
We have ambitious goals to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for internet businesses around the world.
What you will be doing:
- Own our product expansion to new geographies
- Understand and gather requirements to expand our product to a new country
- Analyze technical, business and legal documentation on how to integrate with APIs of Tax Authorities around the world
- Closely collaborate with product managers and engineers on integrating our products with APIs of Tax Authorities around the world
- Identify and build partnerships with local service providers to help us expand the geographical footprint of our products
- Find and engage local tax, legal and technology advisors and providers
You would be a great fit if:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in product or operation roles working closely with engineering teams.
- You are fully proficient in English, written and spoken. Knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic is an advantage.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, you care about what you build, and that you are building the right thing that serves your customers.
- You’re a builder at heart, you like the opportunity of having tons of exposure, making things work for a company long term, and have an entrepreneurial attitude for anything that comes your way.
- You like to use data over opinions to make decisions. And are ok with finding the data yourself when it’s missing.
- You are comfortable with change, either in priorities, goals and deadlines. You see this more as an opportunity than a hurdle. You are also comfortable with challenging the status quo and pushing for change yourself.
- You’re looking to make a serious impact, and are excited about working in a high growth startup.
- Are self-directed and like to work autonomously
You don’t have to match all the requirements. Please apply anyway, as we are open to a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences.
Our Hiring Process
We see hiring as a human process. A two-way conversation to see if there is a good fit between you and us. As a startup growing quickly, we also like to keep things streamlined, and currently, our process won’t include a live task, whiteboards or technical assessments.
An idea of your hiring journey with us:
- Meeting with Recruiting to introduce each other and explore mutual interests.
- Follow up via email to cover other questions in a written manner
- 1 hour conversation with engineering to get to know each other and see if you would be excited to work together.
- 1 hour conversation with our co-founders.
We aim to give you the best candidate experience, keep you updated and be transparent with our feedback along the way.
Our take on equal opportunities
Fonoa gives equal opportunities to everyone. We look at individuals for what they bring to the organisation and for who they are as people regardless of ethnicity, race and background.
We currently have over 20 nationalities in our team, we’re continuing to build a diverse team as we want to work with the best people, from all over the world.
Perks at Fonoa
- A competitive salary depending on your experience
- Attractive equity to keep you positively incentivized
- Yearly equity and cash bonus based on individual performance (above market)
- We are backed by leading VC firms who have invested in many successful companies (Index Ventures and Omers Ventures)
- Flat hierarchy, open, honest and feedback driven principles.
- Product first culture.
- Best idea wins; we’re all ears when it comes to ways to do things better.
- Interest based groups; cooking, fitness, book club, music, pet, you name it!
- Frequent visits to virtual Fonoa HQ and our Fonoa island on Mibo.
- A few more reasons here