Fonoa's goal is to change how companies globally handle their taxes, and we're committed to building world-class products. We’re building a fully distributed team. We give people the freedom to work wherever and how they want, enable more fluid communication and put our time where it matters the most - decisions. We are curious, dedicated, and humble. We are building a workplace that fosters inclusivity, openness, and trust, where we can all be authentic and human in everything that we do. We trust the expertise of our employees and give them freedom to solve complex problems to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for the internet economy.
Fonoa has a suite of API products that automate tax-related workflows for any internet company. Check them out below:
You can also check our API documentation here.
We may discover novel customer needs as we learn, and spin up new products as needed. We expect our engineers to own them as they pop up.
About the role
We are looking for a Sales Engineer who is accustomed to solving customer’s most complex problems and closing large deals. In this role, you will work directly with the sales team to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, support enterprise Proof of Concepts, and ultimately close business.
What you will be doing
- Present Fonoa technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Fonoa’s technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Fonoa in relation to them.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Fonoa’s products and marketing
You would be a great fit if you
- You are fully proficient in English. Written and spoken, as we are a bunch from around the world, but we work in English.
- 7-8 years of experience with a minimum of 3 within a pre-sales environment
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Broad range of experience within large-scale Database and/or Data Warehouse technology, ETL, analytics and cloud technologies
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Fonoa’s solutions
- You are comfortable with change, either in priorities, goals and deadlines. You see this more as an opportunity than a hurdle. You are also comfortable with challenging the status quo and pushing for change yourself.
- You’re looking to make a serious impact, and are excited about working in a high growth startup.
If you don’t know the technologies we use, or don’t have experience with large scale projects, but you like learning and are interested in the challenges we have, apply anyway! We are trying to build a diverse team.
Our Team and Culture
We are builders at heart
- We are a collective of independent and deep thinkers.
- We are curious, committed, and humble.
- We work with dedicated, open-minded people from all backgrounds who bring in their different perspectives to help us on our mission to make taxes simple.
- We’re passionate about making a real impact.
We work remotely
- We're building a fully distributed team.
- We like writing to communicate when meetings are pointless, and meet when it matters. This allows us to work flexibly, efficiently, and focus on achieving goals.
- We focus on deep work and put our time where it matter the most, decisions
- We trust you to work on your terms. You decide how you work and where you work
- You have ownership over your work that directly influences the roots of our company.
We make taxes simple
- We are on a mission to eliminate the manual work when dealing with taxes on online transactions.
- We have ambitious goals to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for internet businesses around the world.
Our Hiring process
We see hiring as a human process. A two-way conversation to see if there is a good fit between you and us. As a startup growing quickly, we also like to keep things streamlined, and currently, our process won’t include a lkive task, whiteboards or technical assessments.
An idea of your hiring journey with us:
- Meeting with Recruiting to introduce each other and explore mutual interests.
- Follow up via email to cover other questions in a written manner
- 1 hour conversation with engineering to get to know each other and see if you would be excited to work together.
- 1 hour conversation with our co-founders.
- We aim to give you the best candidate experience, keep you updated and be transparent with our feedback along the way.
Our take on equal opportunities
Fonoa gives equal opportunities to everyone. We look at individuals for what they bring to the organisation and for who they are as people regardless of ethnicity, race and background.
We currently have over 20 nationalities in our team, we’re continuing to build a diverse team as we want to work with the best people, from all over the world.
CompensationOur salary range depending on experience is of €90k - €130kAttractive equity to keep you positively incentivizedYearly equity and cash bonus based on individual performance (above market)
Why else would you join Fonoa?
- We are backed by leading VC firms who have invested in many successful companies (Index Ventures and Omers Ventures)
- Flat hierarchy, open, honest and feedback driven principles.
- Product first culture.
- Best idea wins; we’re all ears when it comes to ways to do things better.
- Interest based groups; cooking, fitness, book club, music, pet, you name it!
- Frequent visits to virtual Fonoa HQ and our Fonoa island on Mibo
- A few more reasons here