Fonoa's goal is to change how companies globally handle their taxes, and we're committed to building world-class products. We’re building a fully distributed team. We give people the freedom to work wherever and how they want, enable more fluid communication and put our time where it matters the most - decisions. We are curious, dedicated, and humble. We are building a workplace that fosters inclusivity, openness, and trust, where we can all be authentic and human in everything that we do. We trust the expertise of our employees and give them freedom to solve complex problems to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for the internet economy.
Fonoa has a suite of API products that automate tax-related workflows for any internet company. Check them out below:
You can also check our API documentation here
We may discover novel customer needs as we learn, and spin up new products as needed. We expect our engineers to own them as they pop up.
About the role
Hiring is always a central focus in our business; we’re heavily invested in finding the best talent globally, which means there are no boundaries to hiring across multiple locations, and accessing a global pool of people who’d like to join our mission.
We have high growth scaling plans and we’re building our talent team to help bring in the best talent in business. As an experienced recruiter, you will play a key role in building a revenue team from the ground up (sales, customer success, marketing) globally (EMEA, US) and work closely with senior stakeholders in the business in order to execute.
What you will be doing:
- Owning delivery of Fonoa’s Revenue hires, working closely with our Head of Talent, Chief Revenue Officer and leadership team.
- Use multiple outbound channels and communication tactics that will help us attract faster
- Share our story to the wider candidate world; what we’re building, the problems we solve, our culture and EVP (employer value proposition)
- Lead all aspects of the process; kick-off, sourcing, attraction, engagement and offer.
- Understand the market landscape to ensure our recruiting strategy to enable us to hire the best people
- Manage your external candidates and internal stakeholders, ensuring a great candidate experience and hiring manager experience; everyone is kept up to date, with a focus in speed and quality
- Make an impact in building new operational improvements to our to day recruiting efforts at scale, as well as our wider talent function
You would be a great fit if:
- You are an experienced in-house recruiter who has worked in fast scaling or growth environments, ready for a new and more rewarding challenge
- Have a track record of hiring different types of roles across Sales, Customer Success, Partnerships, Marketing and Expansion, as well as different levels of seniority
- Strong knowledge of the European and global tech ecosystem in order to identify and engage with top talent
- You are a natural relationship builder with good emotional intelligence skills
- Growth mindset; resourceful, driven and flexible to try new methods to hire
- Process driven in everything that you do
- Are excited about a fast paced environment with room to learn, grow and improve
- You’re a builder at heart, you like the opportunity of having tons of exposure, making things work for a company long term, and have an entrepreneurial attitude for anything that comes your way.
- You are comfortable with change, either in priorities, goals and deadlines. You see this more as an opportunity than a hurdle. You are also comfortable with challenging the status quo and pushing for change yourself.
If you feel you don’t have the full experience we’re looking for, but feel you could be a bit fit, are willing to learn, do apply anyway! We are trying to build a diverse and inclusive team.
- We’re offering market compensation.
- Attractive equity to keep you positively incentivised
Our ways of working
- Remote work and async, work from anywhere in the world.
- Co-working spaces if you want to switch things up.
- Option to meet team members regularly to do creative work and bond in person.
- Best idea wins; we’re all ears when it comes to ways to do things better.
- Frequent visits to virtual Fonoa HQ and our Fonoa island on Mibo.
- Product first culture
We are builders at heart
- We are a collective of independent and deep thinkers.
- We are curious, committed, and humble.
- We work with dedicated, open-minded people from all backgrounds who bring in their different perspectives to help us on our mission to make taxes simple.
- We’re passionate about making a real impact.
We work remotely
- We’re building a fully distributed team. We like writing to communicate when meetings are pointless, and meet when it matters. This allows us to work flexibly, efficiently, and focus on achieving goals.
- We focus on deep work and put our time where it matters the most, decisions.
- We trust you to work on your terms. You decide how you work and where you work.
- You have ownership over your work that directly influences the roots of our company.
We make taxes simple
- We are on a mission to eliminate the manual work when dealing with taxes on online transactions.
- We have ambitious goals to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for internet businesses around the world
Why else should you join Fonoa?
- We are backed by leading VC firms who have invested in many successful companies (Index Ventures and Omers Ventures)
- The size of the market and opportunity we have is massive, and we’re well placed to be disrupting it.
- Flat hierarchy, open, honest and feedback driven principles.
Our take on equal opportunities
Fonoa gives equal opportunities to everyone. We look at individuals for what they bring to the organisation and for who they are as people regardless of ethnicity, race and background.
Our Hiring process
We see hiring as a human process. A two-way conversation to see if there is a good fit between you and us. As a startup growing quickly, we also like to keep things streamlined, and currently, our process won’t include a lkive task, whiteboards or technical assessments.
An idea of your hiring journey with us:
- Meeting with Recruiting to introduce each other and explore mutual interests.
- Follow up via email to cover other questions in a written manner
- 1 hour conversation with engineering to get to know each other and see if you would be excited to work together.
- 1 hour conversation with our co-founders.
We aim to give you the best candidate experience, keep you updated and be transparent with our feedback along the way.